This session focuses on how existential threats increase tensions and shape dynamics between countries, such as the US, China, and Russia, amidst a pandemic. Experts assess what is working and not working in the established global and regional governance systems, what kind of changes need to be made, how can countries work together, and offer solutions.
- Gareth Evans, APLN Chair and Distinguished Honorary Professor of Australian National University (Moderator)
- Dong-ik Shin, Former South Korean Ambassador to Austria
- Kevin Rudd, Former Prime Minister of Australia
- Mely Caballero Anthony, Professor at International Relations, Nanyang Technological University
- Des Browne, Vice-President of Nuclear Threat Initiative