Nuclear Hotlines and Risk Reduction: Past Experiences and Lessons from the Asia Pacific
This panel examines the lessons learned from hotline agreements and applies them to managing crises and reducing nuclear risks, especially with existing ROK-DPRK hotlines and agreements in the Asia-Pacific with countries such as China, India, Vietnam, and more. The speakers discuss how information exchanges and improved communication can promote risk reduction and reduce nuclear escalation.
- Tanya Olgivie-White, APLN Senior Research Advisor (Moderator)
- Chung-in Moon, APLN Vice-Chair and Chair of Sejong Institute
- Peter Hayes, Director of Nautilus Institute and APLN Research Director
- Philip Reiner, Chief Executive Director of the Institute for Science and Technology
- Jishe Fan, Senior Fellow and Director for Global Governance and International Organizations Studies at the Institute for International Strategic Studies, Party School of the Central Committee of CPC