This panel examines the lessons learned from hotline agreements and applies them to managing crises and reducing nuclear risks, especially with existing ROK-DPRK hotlines and agreements in the Asia-Pacific with countries such as China, India, Vietnam, and more. The speakers discuss how information exchanges and improved communication can promote risk reduction and reduce nuclear escalation.
- Tanya Olgivie-White, APLN Senior Research Advisor (Moderator)
- Chung-in Moon, APLN Vice-Chair and Chair of Sejong Institute
- Peter Hayes, Director of Nautilus Institute and APLN Research Director
- Philip Reiner, Chief Executive Director of the Institute for Science and Technology
- Jishe Fan, Senior Fellow and Director for Global Governance and International Organizations Studies at the Institute for International Strategic Studies, Party School of the Central Committee of CPC