Date: August 2022
Location: Remote Work
Deadline: 30 August 2022 (11:59 PM KST)
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
The Asia-Pacific Leadership Network for Nuclear Non-Proliferation and Disarmament (APLN) is a Seoul-based organisation and network of political, military, diplomatic leaders, and experts from across the Asia-Pacific region, working to address global security challenges, with a particular focus on reducing and eliminating nuclear weapons risks.
APLN carries out its work by producing high-quality research, convening events, building partnerships, providing a platform for dialogue and debate, and devising credible policy solutions that address nuclear and related threats.
The APLN team is committed to promoting integrity, equity, diversity, inclusion, and cooperation.
You will help us to better visually communicate APLN’s work to reduce and eliminate nuclear weapons threats. You will be responsible for helping to drive the creative direction of APLN campaigns, have a flair for typography, layout, and art direction and help the team produce the best work possible. You will possess a wide range of design and creative capabilities as a Designer.
In this job you will:
- Carry out design assignments for a variety of APLN activities e.g., publications, events, and campaigns.
- Design infographics, social media visuals, newsletter images, presentation templates, flyers, and publications.
- Format publications including special reports, policy briefs, statements and books.
- Occasionally update the website, database, and social media platforms.
You should have the following skills and experience:
- At least of 1 years’ relevant design experience (paid or volunteer will be considered).
- Adept at using leading design software packages, including the Adobe Suite (XD, Photoshop, illustrator and InDesign).
- Have a creative mind ready to take on exciting briefs and translate them into incredible visual campaigns.
- Attention to details.
- Can work collaboratively with team members.
- Happy to take the initiative and generate ideas.
- Can multitask well and keep cool under pressure.
- Prepared to work occasional intense hours.
- Be motivated to maintain and improve design standards.
- Be willing to listen to feedback and use it to improve.
- Based in the Asia-Pacific (remote working)
- Ability to work at a computer for the majority of the day.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Flexible working
- Professional development training
Please send your CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly explaining how you meet the skills and experience noted above. Please indicate the city you will be located if employed. Applications are due by 30 August 2022. For any inquiries regarding the application process, contact Tyler Kim at email@example.com.
Updated: 22 August 2022