This panel assesses advances in emerging technologies, how they may be exacerbating tensions between states by increasing escalation risks and in particular nuclear weapons use, with a special focus on the Asia Pacific region. The speakers discussed their views and analyses on technological developments in the Asia-Pacific; the geopolitical, institutional, regional, and global implications; and risks of nuclear weapons use.
- Shata Shetty, APLN Executive Director (Moderator)
- Namrata Goswami, Independent Scholar and Former Jennings-Randolph Senior Fellow at the United States Institute of Peace
- Manpreet Sethi, Distinguished Fellow at the Centre for Air Power Studies, New Delhi
- Tong Zhao, Senior Fellow at the Nuclear Policy Program of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Izumi Nakamitsu, UN Under-Secretary-General and High Representative for Disarmament Affairs